Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All over GBLUES

Dedicated Shannon and Clara sold extra tees the 2 days before the transplant. Wednesday was "wear blue for Marian and Audrey day" at their school. Whether superstar shirt or other parts of their wardrobe, the school was "like an ocean". The secretary used the "snow day" system to call every home to remind them, and teachers report that even their don't-ever-tell-me-what-to-wear tough big boys were very assiduous in their "we have to remember!"-ing. I'll show Marian's blue class in an upcoming post.

I can without hesitation say that the best thing about our move to our little PA town is the girls' school. It's a small (one class/grade) lab school at the university where my husband teaches: Grace B. Luhrs University Elementary School. I certainly have the impression that all of the schools in our district are great ones (Marian's beloved Mrs. Serr, this year's teacher, is on loan from one of them), but the intimate scale of our school has been particularly nourishing for our girls, particularly with Marian's needs. I joke that she "gets away with a lot", but that's a light way of saying that she is beloved and gets all of the accommodations she needs. And all of the office staff and teachers have been so patient with my constant comings and goings while I tramp in and out to feed her and bring new clothes when she goes through 3 shirts from feeding tube leaks. Just really kind.

1 comment:

nyjlm said...

the table banners are so lovely!